Friday, June 13, 2008

a little panda purse

This week for her sewing lesson, Curly girl chose to make a purse.

I took her to Hancock's to pick out fabric. She picked out some CUTE dog fabric and we went home. I helped her cut out the pattern and said, " okay, lets get you seated at the machine"
She said 'machine?" "uhhhhhhh, I don't want to do it with a machine....I like doing it by HAND."
So....back in the car and off to Hancock's one more time. This time I knew to take her to the fleece.

After seeing the movie "Kung Fu Panda," I'm not at all surprised by the print she chose.......and the little purse turned out really cute.

To make things a bit more interesting and to make a prettier edge, I taught her the blanket stitch .

She did a GREAT job!

3 comments:

Zoƫ said...

Way cool. I do not think I would have done it by hand. I am not that good;)

BTW I think you have the same color wall as we do.

jillytacy said...

Cute purse! We just saw Kung Fu Panda too, that Po was cute! The blanket stitch is an easy stitch that makes your edges look decorated. You did a great job!

Tracey said...

What a cute purse!! I can't believe you like to sew by hand and not a machine! You are really talented to be able to do that by hand. You are impressive!!!