Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A story about a bunny....

A little over a week ago, Curly Girl went with me to the pet store so I could exchange a couple fish for our aquarium. As we were walking up to the check out, she went to look at the cute little bunnies.
She yelled out for me to come look at the baby bunnies. Well, I had been to the same store an hour earlier (different story) and there were no BABY bunnies. So I walk over and sure enough there are 3 little teeny weeny, itsy bitsy, bald as a cucumber baby bunnies. They were freezing as the mom had just popped them out without a nest and hopped away.
So, Curly Girl DASHED to the front squealing with delight about the cute baby bunnies and the lady (who helped me before) said 'uh, we don't HAVE any baby bunnies..." Curly Girl and I replied "YES you do!" Actually, I said, 'you do NOW' and made a comment about bunny birth control.
Well all ---- broke out as they dashed around getting a separate cage for DADDY who apparently killed the last babies....just a few short weeks earlier. (I guess what THEY say about bunnies is true.)
After all the chaos, Curly Girl walked out very pleased with herself that she had 'saved' the babies from that MEAN daddy bunny.
So, here is the picture she drew of the momma bunny:

2 comments:

Zoƫ said...

Great story. Way to go Curly Girl. Also nice rabbit drawing.

sarahross said...

That IS a great story. I like how the mama bunny looks so sweet in the drawing...would love to see "papa's" portrait!